How does the competition work?
This is run through two rounds: a regional round, judged by RDA East Region officials; and a national round. The best entries from the regional competition will be put forwards to the national competition, judged at the RDA National Championships at Hartpury in July.
|2016 entries to the National Championships|
There are six classes:
- 'Paint me a Picture' - Any age - Individual or Group (maximum 4 people). Any equestrian-themed picture created in any medium. Maximum size A1 (594mm c 841mm)
- Paintings and Drawings - Any age - Individual. Maximum size A1. The work MUST be relevant to RDA activities.
- Collages - Any age - Individual. Maximum size A2 (420mm x 594mm). The work MUST be relevant to RDA activities.
- Collages - Any age - Group (maximum 10 people). Maximum size A1. The work MUST be relevant to RDA activities.
- Sculpture - Any age - Individual. The work MUST be relevant to RDA activities.
- Sculpture - Any age - Group (maximum 10 people). The work MUST be relevant to RDA activities.
|2017 entries at Hartpury|
There is no entry fee for the regional round, but if a piece of artwork is submitted to the national final there is a fee of £5.50 per entry, or £5.50 per entrant in group classes, up to a maximum of £22.
How do I enter and/or find out more?
Anybody wishing to have their work exhibited at Hartpury MUST enter the regional qualifying round first.
First, create your masterpiece! Download and complete the entry form ('Arts & Crafts REGIONAL ROUND Entry Form 2018' under 'Useful Information' here), then submit this with your entry.
The Regional Round will be judged on Friday 1st June 2018. Entries can be dropped off at the Regional Qualifier on Sunday 20th May 2018 (College of West Anglia, Milton, Cambridge), or by arrangement at Weston Colville Hall (contact Gay Redman).